SEO begins with the crawl experience of the spider. Googlebot. It will examine the content and check the permission . ex: web pages, images and video.
- Crawling traps
- Unnecessarily crawled pages
- Duplicate content
- Frequency and depth of crawl
- The existence of 302, 304, 307, 5xx errors and other server response codes
- The existence of redirect chains and loops
- Excessive or unnecessary 404 error pages
Categorize each piece of content. Will list down the content found by robot.
Duplicate content is far and away the largest issue to be addressed. It’s probably not an exaggeration to state that all large sites have some sort of duplication, either intentional or otherwise
- Analyzing log files and/or analytics to track traffic levels by URL.
- Analyzing the internal linking of a site.
- Using searches such as site:jcrew.com inurl:72977 to find duplicates of product pages
Will consider which content is most useful to searchers.
What Causes a Page to Rank?
- pages internal and external link profiles
- page and domain link
- individual linking pages
By Muthumali Tharuka Wickramarachchi